Programme Development and Quality Officer
SALARY: 700-900 USD
ROLE PUROSE: 12 months
DUTY STATION: Khartoum
The Programme Development and Quality Officer will work within the Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) Department, reporting to the Business Development Specialist to support the development of programmes and proposals in the Sudan Country Office. Supervised by the BDS the role will be responsible for ensuring that all proposal and pre-contracting documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner and that donor portals are maintained, with documents uploaded as required.
This role will work closely with the colleagues across the country office but particularly with PDQ technical and MEAL colleagues and with other departments including Awards, Finance and Risk. The post covers both development and humanitarian response programming. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The PDQ Officer must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with others both within the country office and within the broader Save the Children movement.
COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE:
· Delivering Results
Takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
· Applying Technical and Professional Expertise
Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
· Working Effectively with Others:
Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives. Knows when to lead, when to follow, and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
· Communicating with ImpactCommunicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence, promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
ESSENCIALQUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· University degree in Politics, Social Science, Education, International Development, or other relevant subject
· Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including both written and verbal
· Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
· Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills
· Ability to proactively identify issues and utilize problem solving skills to address these
· Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Excellent time management and planning capacity
· Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses
· Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation is desirable.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.
- Application, full CV, copy of qualifications and experience certificates should be sent through: www.sudanjob.net
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interviews. All inquiries should be addressed directly Save the Children international - Sudan.
- Closing date will be on day: 30/May/2020. Any application after this date will not be considred.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents. SCI will be undertaking child-safeguarding checks for all candidates. Selected candidate will asked to provide police checking prior to signing contract